Gender Justice Assistant
Do you want to learn and develop and contribute to Diakonia working for gender justice? We offer you an exciting internship in an international organization that makes a difference!
Diakonia is a Swedish non-profit organization for international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Diakonia supports over 400 partner organisations in 25 countries – in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. Diakonia operates on feminist principles and a human rights-based approach. The basis for our work is people’s right and desire to improve and change the world. Our focus areas are human rights, democracy and gender equity.
Since the beginning of 2021 Diakonia is working with a new strategy, containing four movements that will lead to an interesting and exciting journey for the organization.
The position is part of the International Programs Department. It promotes program and organizational development with knowledge, technical expertise, networking, and leadership and facilitation of processes. Our areas of competence are gender justice, human rights, democracy, environmental and climate justice, methods, knowledge management, and partnerships.
This internship is to support our gender justice work by supporting the Global Gender Advisor in coordinating the global Gender Working Group (GWG). The GWG is made up of staff from all regions Diakonia works in and all departments. Your role is to support the implementation of their action plan:
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events and activities related to gender justice.
- Learn about gender justice issues and initiatives on a global scale and contribute to the development of strategies and solutions.
- Document GWG activities and interactions by finding and capturing important information
- Organize and maintain information related to gender justice initiatives, projects, and resources.
- You can play this role with autonomy and freedom.
- The program will commence on October 2nd and will run for a duration of 10 weeks.
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in gender, global studies, political science or similar, with a focus on gender justice. Alternatively at least 3 years of university studies and significant professional experience, including practice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- English proficiency.
- Life experience in the global south.
- French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, or Swedish are plus.
Location: Alvik, Stockholm
Diakonia is certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on quality, accountability and transparency.
Submit an application
Send us your application no later than 2023-08-31.
We ask you to send us your CV and cover letter in English, marked “Gender Justice Assistant- Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may start before the end of the application period.
Diversity and inclusion reflect the world we want to see. We also know that different perspectives, experiences, and competences are key for Diakonia to be a relevant, capable and successful organisation. We therefore strive to recruit staff with different ethnic and socio-economic background, gender, gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, disability and sexual orientation.
Diakonia is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, free from harassment, exploitation, abuse, and discrimination. Further, Diakonia is committed to the prevention and protection against sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse of the rights holders that we work with and support, with zero tolerance against breaches of this commitment.