|Job announcement position: Country Representative Cuba||421 KB|
Country Representative Cuba
Diakonia is looking for a Country Representative for Cuba to be based at our regional office in Bogota, Colombia, to manage our country programme in Cuba.
We are looking for a person with extensive experience in programme management and work in Latin America on both strategic and operational levels. We offer you an exciting job in a global organization where you, together with our skilled employees and partner organizations, will change the world!
In Diakonia we know it is possible to change the world. But we also know that it takes time and stubbornness, stamina and courage. We support projects that enable people themselves to get out of poverty, oppression and emergency situations through 350 local organizations in over 30 countries. Our constituency is made up by two churches, the Swedish Alliance Mission and Uniting Church in Sweden. Today Diakonia has 24 offices in the world, more than 250 employees, in four regions.
Location: Regional Office in Bogotá, Colombia.
Start date: November 1 or as per agreement.
Type of employment: Local contract, local terms and conditions apply.
Place in the organisation: The Country Representative for Cuba reports directly to the Regional Director based in Bogota.
Travel requirement: The position implies frequent travels to Cuba per year plus other travels in the region.
Salary: In line with regional salary structure and policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Lead, develop and implement Diakonia’s country programme in Cuba including relationships with partner organisations, donors and other relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure quality of applications, workplans and reports, including the financial aspects, of partner organisations as well as to donors and internally in Diakonia.
• Contribute to the organizational development of Diakonia on regional level.
• Coordinate Diakonia’s internal programme planning and reporting processes linked to Diakonia global planning cycle. The position may be assigned other regional tasks as per need.
• Promote the incorporation of a gender perspective at the individual level, in the organization as well as in dialogue with the partners.
• Promote other cross-cutting themes (conflict sensitivity, environmental justice, child protection, etc.).
DESIRED PROFILE OF CANDIDATE:
We are looking for a person with experience from Latin America in project, programme and grant management within the development cooperation sector. It is important that you have experience in partner management and relationship building with all relevant stakeholders in a development cooperation context. You are proactive and work independently but also a team player. For this position we value a deep understanding of our major donor Swedish SIDA including the society it represents.
• University degree of relevant specialization.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience of project or programme management within the sector.
• Experience of living and working in Latin America.
• Experience in Diakonia’s prioritised themes, including gender mainstreaming.
• Excellent social and communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
• Experience in relationship building with institutional donors, especially SIDA.
• Experience in multi-tasking.
• Willingness to completely commit to Diakonia’s values, mission, vision, policies and strategies.
• Very good writing and speaking language skills in English and Spanish.
• Deep understanding of Swedish society.
• Proficiency in Swedish.
• Experience of working with faith based organisations.
Send curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline to submit applications: Until Sunday, September 30, 2018 Please indicate in the subject field: "Country Representative Cuba".
For more information please contact Latin American Human Resources Coordinator Victoria Cabezas, firstname.lastname@example.org at the regional office in Bogota.