|Deputy Regional Director||174 KB|
Diakonia is looking for a Deputy Regional Director to Latin America
Diakonia is looking for a Deputy Regional Director to Latin America. We offer you an exciting job in an international environment where you, together with our talented colleagues and partner organizations, will change the world!
We know that it is possible to change the world. But we also know that it takes time and requires persistence and courage. Diakonia is a Swedish faith-based development organization that works to change unfair structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. We work with around 400 local partner organizations in about 25 countries in four continents. Diakonia’s identity is characterized by five values; Solidarity, Justice, Courage, Commitment and Accountability. They serve as both a reminder of who we are, and a description of the work we do.
From 2021 Diakonia will operate on its new Global Strategy that aims to be close to reality and context; to be flexible and to be able to respond to developments on the ground as they unfold. To do so we leave the global results framework behind to allow all projects and programs to be designed based on Diakonia’s Theory of Change, where the context is at the core.
Role & responsibilities:
The Deputy Regional Director for Latin America report to the Regional Director and is acting Regional Director when necessary. The Deputy Regional Director plays an instrumental role in advancing the Diakonia’ s mission by providing operating support and assist the Regional Director in tasks whenever needed, as decided in the delegation from the Regional Director.
Main tasks for the position are to:
- line manage and responsibility for working environment for programmatic and technical staff at the regional office.
- have a leading role in operationalizing Diakonia' s global strategy in the Latin American context.
- contribute to the strengthening of flexibility of systems, as well as internal coordination to make the organization fit for purpose to implement the global strategy.
- develop methods and lead the shift in programme design and program development that requires a strengthening of staff and partner capacity to construct and present theories of change, as well as monitoring and gathering results and stories of changes.
- be responsible for coordination, support and quality assurance of PMEL and generation and management of knowledge and learning on PMEL in the region.
- be responsible for coordination, support and quality assurance of regional processes such as regional strategy planning, applications and reporting managed from the head office
- provide capacity building for country offices on designated areas and processes
Experience & qualifications:
We are looking for a person with an innovative and flexible mind with good leadership and interpersonal, training and facilitation skills. You are an authentic and genuine people person, an excellent listener who truly believes in teamwork. For you it is natural to contribute to a positive work climate and a more equal society through anti-racist and gender conscious behavior. You completely share Diakonia’s values and vision.
From your professional life you have experience from:
- managerial position and financial management experience
- International development cooperation and work in different cultural contexts
- Clear understanding of the overall civil society environment in developing countries especially in Latin America
- Diakonia’s thematic priorities, human rights, democracy and gender justice
- participatory and Rights Based Approaches
- planning, monitoring and evaluation of development programs
Proficiency in English and Spanish
This is a plus:
- Experience from working with our major donor Sida (Swedish International Development Agency)
- Knowledge of Swedish society and NGOs
- Experience of working with theories of change
Diakonia offer you an attractive and secure work environment and you will become part of a culture that is characterized by commitment, openness and participation. We value work-life balance; the possibility to develop competence, and the right challenge to remain professionally motivated.
Place in the organisation: The Deputy Regional Director reports directly to the Regional Director based in Bogotá.
Location: Bogotá, Colombia.
Start date: February 1, 2021 or as per agreement.
Employment type: The contract is for a defined term of 12 months, with possibilities of extension. Local conditions apply.
Travel requirement: The job requires frequent trips to the region's national offices.
Salary: In line with regional salary structure and policy.
Send us your application before November 20, 2020
We ask you to send your application, CV and cover letter, in English and your salary aspiration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application with “Deputy Regional Director”. Tests may be a part of the recruitments.