Programme Officer – Sri Lanka
Diakonia is a Swedish non-profit and non-political organization for international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance, operating on feminist principles. We are looking to appoint a Programme Officer as part of our Sri Lanka Country Office Team, who will oversee partner organisations.
The work implies travelling inside the country and occasionally abroad. The Programme Officer will be part of a dynamic team and will be required to work according to, comply with, and uphold Diakonia’s principles, values, and policies.
Placement: Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
Start Date: September 2021
Position Reports to: The Country Director – Sri Lanka
- Participate in contributing to and facilitating implementation of the current country strategy.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on partner organisations’ work conducted in accordance with rights-based approaches.
- Frequently required to undertake field visits outside Colombo.
- Critically analyse, review, and assess partnerships/ projects/ programmes, and provide input to the programmatic relevance of partner organizations to the country strategy.
- Quality assurance of contractual obligations and compliances of partner organizations; recommend and process payments to partner organizations.
- Identify and analyse partners’ capacity needs; maintain and manage partnerships.
- Develop and design external consultancies and evaluations.
- Coordinate with external consultants and evaluators, as assigned by the Country Director.
- Liaise and build donor relations, and contribute to resource mobilisation efforts of the country program.
- Maintain communication and manage relations with Diakonia Regional Office and Head Office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent within any of the areas of development studies.
- Minimum four to five years of experience working in NGOs/ INGOs, with experience in program and proposal development including budget development/ management.
- Experience in monitoring results of partner organisations on a rights-based approach.
- Strong working knowledge of feminist principles.
- Experience of working with partners, donors, other agencies, and government officials.
- Experience on financial management for programme development.
- Good team player.
- Fast learner.
- Flexibility to adapt to change and work under dynamic conditions.
- Excellent strategic and analytical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to details.
- Good command of English (written and spoken), and fluent in local languages (Sinhalese and Tamil).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to drive would be an added advantage.
This position is open to Sri Lankan nationals.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written examination. Employment will be subject to a probationary period and review.
How to apply
Please download Application Form to be filled in English and forward with your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com no later than July 25, 2021, with the subject ‘Application for Programme Officer’.
Diakonia is an equal opportunity employer.
All Diakonia Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Diakonia’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse.