|Donor Relations Manager to Latin America||166 KB|
Diakonia is looking for a Donor Relations Manager to Latin America
We now seek a Donor Relations Manager to Latin America. We offer you an exciting job in an international environment where you, together with our talented colleagues and partner organizations will change the world!
We know that it is possible to change the world. But we also know that it takes time and requires persistence and courage. Diakonia is a Swedish faith-based development organization that works to change unfair structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. We work with around 400 local partner organizations in about 25 countries in four continents. Diakonia’s identity is characterized by five values: Solidarity, Justice, Courage, Commitment and Accountability. They serve as both a reminder of who we are, and a description of the work we do.
Diakonia has identified the need to increase the organizations’ funding, and to diversify the funding stream. Therefore, we seek to employ a regional donor relations manager for Latin America. Reporting to the Regional Director Latin America, the position will work together with similar positions in our other regions in Middle East, Asia and Africa. The position will liaise and collaborate closely with the Head Office based Coordinator for Resource Mobilization who holds the global responsibility for resource mobilization.
Role & responsibilities:
With the overarching purpose to allow Diakonia to maintain its political and financial sustainability in Latin America the Regional Donor Relations Manager will work very closely with the regional and country management teams to identify and build relationships with new donors and strategic allies.
Reporting to the Regional Director, s/he will coordinate between national, regional, and global levels within Diakonia and assure synergies and quality in the development of proposals.
S/he will be responsible for cross-regional collaboration and knowledge management on resource mobilization with regional peers and in close coordination with the head office.
Main tasks for the position are:
- Explore and strengthen relationships with existing and new strategic allies and donors to build a knowledge base, analysis and relationships of trust.
- Support the Regional Director to draft the annual regional fundraising priority plan and to operationalize it in close collaboration with the regional management team and Country Directors.
- Identify, develop and maintain up-to-date donor engagement strategies, donor awareness and analysis, introduction of innovative practices, and knowledge management for fundraising.
- Provide capacity building for regional and country offices and advise on the formulation and presentation of proposals and reports for donors, including components of innovation and added value.
- Contribute to the strengthening and flexibility of systems, as well as internal coordination to prepare the organization for new donor funding opportunities and non-traditional sources.
- Collaborate with Communication and Fundraising department at the head office and with the Regional Communication officer on packaging and design of donor attractive digital and printed material.
- Ensure that internal learnings, donor statistics and best practices are shared within the Latin American region and between the regions and with Head Office.
Experience & qualifications:
We are looking for a person with an innovative and flexible mind with the social skills to forge partnerships built on trust, interest and a strong commitment and support for the rights holders of Latin America.
You are willing to work independently while always grounded in Diakonia’s work and contributing to a positive work climate. For you it is natural to contribute to a more equal society through anti-racist and gender conscious behavior.
You are eager to go beyond the usual donor-recipient dynamics and think outside the box in new ways to communicate and create mutual engagement with new and existing donors.
From your professional life you have documented experience from:
- Successful fundraising (minimum of three years) from international agencies such as international NGOs, multilateral agencies, private foundations, philanthropists and others.
- Network and contacts with and knowledge of potential new donors for Diakonia Latin America.
- Development aid sector in Latin America, including proposal writing, program design and reporting.
- Diakonia’s thematic priorities, human rights, democracy and gender justice.
You have excellent writing and speaking language skills in English and Spanish.
This is a plus:
- Experience in communication, campaigning and advocacy.
- Experience of participatory proposal writing processes with right holders and civil society organizations.
- Experience in PMEL (planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning) with a special emphasis on learning.
Diakonia offer you an attractive and secure work environment and you will become part of a culture that is characterized by commitment, openness and participation. We value work-life balance; the possibility to develop competence, and the right challenge to remain professionally motivated.
Place in the organisation: The Donor Relations Manager reports directly to the Regional Director based in Bogota.
Location: Preferably at Diakonia’s regional office in Bogota, Colombia, but location may be possible in the following countries: Bolivia, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, and Peru.
Start date: January 2021 or as per agreement.
Employment type: The contract is for a defined term of 24 months, with possibilities of extension.
Travel requirement: The job requires frequent trips to the region's national offices and other countries.
Consultancy contract: In line with regional salary structure and policy.
Send us your application before 20 November
We ask you to send your application, CV and cover letter, in English and your salary aspiration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tests may be a part of the recruitments.