Regional PMEL Officer – Thailand
Diakonia is a Swedish non-profit and non-political organization for international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Diakonia supports more than 400 partner organisations in 25 countries – in Africa, Asia. Latin America and the Middle East. The base for Diakonia’s work is people’s will to improve and change the world. Fundamental focus for Diakonia are Human Rights, Democracy and Gender Justice.
The Asia Regional Office is in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Diakonia Asia Regional Office is recruiting a Regional PMEL Officer.
Placement: Chiang Mai, Thailand. International travel will be required.
Planned starting date: September 2021
Report to: Regional Director
Are you the one we are looking for?
We believe that you are a skilled and experienced in planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and programme development to give support to projects and programmes implemented in Asia. You will be working in the regional office to support the Regional Director, the Regional Management Team as well as colleagues working in Country Offices in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, to implement our regional PMEL. This includes working with the administrative and international departments at the head office in Stockholm, Sweden as the link between regional PMEL and the global PMEL structure of Diakonia.
The work is under delegation and supervision by the Regional Director and part of the regional team.
- Responsible for programme development, follow-up and quality assurance with the country offices
- Taking a leading role on PMEL issues including project cycle monitoring in the Asia region.
- Provide methodological support to the country offices and partners, coordinate and support the implementation of the Project and Grant Cycle management. Evaluate and gather quantitative and qualitative data to develop an evidence-based impact analysis, ensure regular data collection and learning.
- Explain concepts and Diakonia guidelines and policies as well as conduct capacity-building to Diakonia staff and partners. Capacity building includes new methods as well as PMEL, programme development. Ensure that country offices work according to Diakonias feminist principles and Diakonias mainstreaming areas (Environment, Conflict sensitivity and Gender Justice) on programme and project level.
- Contribute to regional reports and support the country offices in developing their reports and applications as well as analyses and logical narratives.
- Represent the Regional Office and coordinate input from the country offices in Diakonia’s global working groups, processes or exchanges of knowledge management in thematic areas, PMEL and strategic programme development.
Competence and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field.
- Experience directly involved in programme development and implementation including planning, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, learning activities and entire project cycle.
- Field experience working with local organisations.
- Thematic knowledge and experience from working with Human Rights, Democracy and Gender Justice.
- Experience from working with different methods to provide support to country offices and partner organisations.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually.
- Experience in facilitating workshops.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills.
- Competence and interest in using IT applications and digital innovative tools.
- Good social and pedagogical skills.
- Experience from working in a multicultural setting.
This position is open to Thai nationals and Thailand based expatriates.
How to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Diakonia is an equal opportunity employer.
All Diakonia Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Diakonia’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse.